Monday, November 17, 2008

Cereal

What is it with my kids and cereal? I could feed them cereal for any and every meal and they would be in high heaven. I just bought ten boxes of cereal at Smith's last week and we are now down to the last three boxes. I was thinking that it would be a good item to have in my food storage, but I guess that it was more like our week storage. You would think that it is the only thing I feed my family, but fortunately it isn't. I have limited the amount that they have eaten, but I guess having 5 kids just adds up to a high cereal consumption. I guess that I am happy that the cereal I bought is whole-grain, but I still don't think that it is healthy enough to eat that much.
Another thing that I can't figure out is when did my kids start thinking that they need a big "after-school snack". As soon as they come home, it is like a tornado has hit. I guess this is where the cereal consumption hits and ties into my thoughts right now because this is the what happened this afternoon about 3:30; cereal boxes, milk, bowls, and milk everywhere, as well as lots of craziness!!!!! Oh, the joy of kids!

No comments: